top of page

History of Sudeck & Co.

The history of a timber-trade company

 

In 1926 the company Richard Clasen & Co. was founded.

In 1953 J. Ellendorf, as son of a former partner, took over the company R. Clasen.

In 1961 Jens Sudeck joined the company as a partner.

He succeeded to expand the traditional agency business with logs ie Okoume from Gabon and Limba from the former French and Belgian Congo to further west African countries like Ivory Coast, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria as well as to new species.

 

In addition to the trade with logs he added the business with lumber, veneer and also plywood - all manufactured in West Africa - for various purposes. At the same time the company started the supply of spare parts and technical equipment to our producers. The further development of the market required a change from the traditional agency business to an own import trading activity.

In 1970 Richard Clasen & Co. took over the company Johann Friedrich Müller jr., founded in 1953. The activities of both companies were merged under the name of Joh. Fr. Müller, Sudeck & Co.

 

In 1984 today's CEO Jürgen Sudeck joined his father's company.

In 1993 the company was changed to Sudeck & Co. GmbH.

bottom of page